Building on my earlier work in God-Haunted World, Bright Shadows of Divine Things: The Devotional World of Jonathan Edwards intends to foster a devotional frame of mind—attentiveness and contemplation in our everyday lives, on every occasion. There are manifold reminders of God’s presence around us if we would only take time to ponder them. The great American theologian Jonathan Edwards believed that all of reality—creation, events, history—are filled with communication which confirms the Bible. It is my hope that this book will help you tune in, like early Evangelicals, to the symphonic harmony of all creation and to the BRIGHT SHADOWS of DIVINE THINGS that point to the teachings of the Holy Scriptures. Robert L. Boss (2017). 5.25 x 8 inches, Paperback, 170 pages.
- Illustrated from cover to cover. Designed to engage readers.
- Innovative format and style.
- Based on solid devotional practices of Christian spiritual giants from Church History—Jonathan Edwards, John Bunyan, and many others.
- Re-opens a window to an enchanted world that confirms the teachings of the Bible—many Scripture references.
- Written simply and clearly.